Guidelines and Rules
- The challenge is open to all Greek Orthodox youth in Canada.
- There are two separate categories — 8-13 and 14-19 year-olds — with separate scholarships for each: 1st Prize, $400; 2nd Prize, $200; 3rd Prize, $100.
- Essays should be between 300 – 700 words for the younger age category / 500 – 1,000 words for the older age category and include a title, along with the youth’s name, age, mailing address and phone number.
- Essays must be submitted by email (email@example.com) under the subject: ‘Great Lent Essay Challenge’
- Essays will be reviewed based on content, organization, style, language and creativity and originality.
- Essays can draw from and reflect personal experiences, conversations with family and friends, research and other sources.
- Submission Deadline: Pascha, April 12th
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org