Goals and Objectives
The Metropolis Missions Board exists:
- to promote the domestic and foreign mission programs of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Toronto (Canada);
- to encourage the establishment of mission committees in each parish, which would be responsible for promoting mission activities;
- to communicate with other Orthodox jurisdictions and coordinate our mission programs;
- to organize short-term mission teams;
- to educate youth in the area of missions and evangelism;
- to minister to inmates in Canadian prisons; and,
- to perpetuate and promote the Greek Orthodox faith.
Chairperson: His Eminence Metropolitan Sotirios
President: Basilios Roccas
Vice President: Patricia Rakopoulos
Treasurer: Terry Maropoulos
Secretary: Georgia Balogiannis
Dear Lord and Master of Our Lives, be with us as we serve Thee. Make us mindful that we are your missionaries, your disciples. That we must feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, visit the sick, clothe the naked, and spread Your word to those who have not heard of You and those who may have forgotten or ignored You for a while. Guide us and give us strength to lead a life that is pleasing and acceptable to You. Help us to serve with humility and love. Make us mindful that our hands are the only hands You have to do Your work on earth. Our mouths are the only mouths You have to proclaim Your word. Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers and all the missionary saints, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.